Sunday, June 15, 2014

Daily Painting | Abstract Painting | Small Oil Painting | Wishful Thinking by Carol Schiff | 14x11" SOLD

Well, it has happened again.........I had the urge to try my hand at abstract again.

SOLD
I was determined to do a mixed media  abstract, get out my many Golden mediums, and just have a fun day playing.  Kind of like kindergarten.  Why did I think that?


Don't I know that mixed media abstract is one of the most stressful things I can try?  Why don't I remember that my mind goes blank, that I'm not one of those people that can stand in front of a blank canvas and pick up a brush without a plan?


Why do I always think, this time it will be different?

Well it wasn't.  I worked at least 4, maybe 5 hours with my Golden mediums, getting the texture just right, carefully choosing the acrylic colors, blah, blah, blah.  It was a mess.

The next day, I sanded down as much as I could,  turned to my beloved oils, and ended up with this result.  Something I can live with.  Something that might give me a tad more confidence the next time I decide to do an abstract.  Something that I really kind of ........ like.  NEVER GIVE UP!!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Palette Knife lovers! Thanks for reading my blog. I am always happy to get your comments.