Friday, June 2, 2017

Hometown Train Station, Landscape Oil Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 11x14 Landscape

I have felt the need to paint buildings, or other landmarks that man has left on our planet.....maybe even "man" himself.  Most of my paintings, landscapes, seascapes, floral, are organic shapes and I wanted to try some straight lines!


I found this image of the old train station in my hometown of Wauseon, Ohio.  It looks exactly as I remembered it.

Naturally, I tightened up.....really tightened up!  This is not what I wanted!  I want a loose building, one that looks comfortable on the canvas.  Now I am beginning to remember why I don't paint buildings.

I am hoping this is just a matter of practice, practice, practice.  My plan is to try again and again.

Thanks for viewing my blog today.

Carol Schiff
www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Palette Knife lovers! Thanks for reading my blog. I am always happy to get your comments.