Friday, May 23, 2014

Wildlife Painting, Daily Painting, "Great Blue Heron" by Carol Schiff, 11x14x1.5" Oil

It's always tricky trying to do a wildlife painting.  The tricky part is getting that perfect photo to work from.  With this daily painting, I got lucky!


purchase here
250 + shipping


My group, Pieces of Eight, was touring Sebastian, Fl.  On the way home we made a quick stop at the riverside park in Grant looking for wildlife and other scenes.  I was out on the fishing dock and this beautiful Great Blue Heron was standing there on the railing, interested in stealing a fish from the fishermen.  He held his ground when I inched closer, and closer.  I got several good close-up shots.  This was my favorite pose.

detail
BUY A PRINT
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK
VISIT MY ETSY SITE

I painted this in oil with palette knife and brush, on 11x14x1.5" gallery wrap canvas.  The sides are painted black.  I just love the substantial feel of gallery wrap canvases. If you are interested in a wildlife painting for your home, perhaps you will consider this one.

Thank you for reading my blog today.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Palette Knife lovers! Thanks for reading my blog. I am always happy to get your comments.